Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Difference Between the 50mm Zuiko Lenses
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:58:54 -0800
Dave,

What everyone else has said!

If you are new to the OM system the 50 mm f/1.8 would be the lens to
start with.  You should have no trouble finding a nice sample for $30
USD or less.  The 1.8 can be used with a close-up lens, or mounted
backwards with an adapter for macro work. It will give you better
results for macro work than the 1.4 or 1.2.

In general, Zuiko lenses come in two speeds for most focal lengths.  The
slower lens is almost always smaller and cheaper than its faster
brother.  speed costs money; how fast do you want to go?

Bill Stanke