Re: [OM] Film & processing costs in Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Film & processing costs in Australia
From: davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Thatcher)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:10:49 +1030 (CST)
Roger,   re Adelaide:

Adelaide has a bit of a dearth of good camera shops these days...
the good ones (read: the ones with some s/h Oly stock!!) are:
Eden Photographics (Glenelg, 20 mins or so by tram from the city centre)
James Place Cameras (city)
Photoco Camera House (city.  http://members.ozemail.com.au/~photoco/)

Photographic Wholesalers (www.photowholesalers.com.au) are good for
accessories, film, & the like (almost all new kit)

Ted's Camera House (www.teds.com.au) & Diamond Camera
(www.camerastore.com.au) seem to be boxmovers but they do occasionally
have some good s/h stock.

As far as film, I don't know. I generally use Max or Superia 400,
bought in boxes of 3 or 4 from Big W (like Walmart or Woolworths)  when
it's on sale/special for under AUD4.00 (USD2.07)/roll (24), I get
processing at a 1 hour minilab (at BigW for about AUD8.00 to Fuji Image
plaza at about AUD15.00 ), or Kodak sameday (in at 9am, pickup at 5pm
for AUD7.00)... Note:approx USD0.51=AUD1.00.

I've not used slide film yet (I am going to try some to test my 2n
properly), BigW doesn't stock it & processing takes a week where I go
at about AUD5.00/dozen frames, though I am sure there would be an
overnight service  somewhere around...  try one of the boxmovers'
websites above to price film (sensia 100 is nearly $8.00/roll in a box
of 6!!!) or e-mail Photographic Wholesalers. Will advise if I get to do
some more research... work is pretty heavy at the moment.

If you would like further information about this fine city of ours,
(like our draconian shop opening times ;-) )  contact me off-list....

I trust you will enjoy your trip...

DavidT
Adelaide