Re: [OM] Help: picture accepted for publication, but what to do...?!?

Subject: Re: [OM] Help: picture accepted for publication, but what to do...?!?
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:43:54 -0500
Hi Olaf,

First of all, I want to say that your picture is very striking and more than
deserving of any and all accolades.

Regarding picture.com, I have no direct experience with them, however I have
heard a fair bit about them. What I have heard has been cynical, to say the
least. In essence, I believe that what they are doing is charging you to
print your photo. When they find several (hundred) people willing to pay to
have their photos included in a book, they will make the book and send it to
the photographers. I have heard of people who pay for their book, only to
never see it made. Presumably because picture.com is having trouble finding
enough people willing to pay. For some opinions from people who have dealt
with these people, go to www.photo.net and check their archives.

My advice: take the $69.95 and put it towards a nice framed enlargement for
your wall. And by all means enroll the shot into other, more reputable
contests.

Best of luck,

Bruce

Bruce Hamm