Re: [OM] 8mm Fisheye question

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm Fisheye question
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:20:37 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Skip Williams wrote:

> It looks like your 8mm is going to be a long-term project lens.  I'd put out
> the word to everyone globally you can think of to be on the lookout for a
> damaged lens.  As you say, with that big front element, there's bound to be
> a few that have gotten trashed.

I don't know what it is about the rear elements of the 8mm, but I've seen
several which have had fungus on only the rear elements.  Perhaps it's the
type of coating they used, but whatever it is, it seems to cultivate fungus.
I would suspect there are many 8mm's out there in search of rear elements.
                                        -mark