Re: [OM] Lenses: The Good, the Bad, and the Average.

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses: The Good, the Bad, and the Average.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:00:45 -0800
I'm interested in opinions on the following Zuiko lenses (or something
close to the ranges below).

21mm
24mm
50mm
somewhere between 85 or 100mm
135mm
200mm

I've not started yet, and I'd like some info as to which ones are Good or
even Great, Average, or not so good? thanks.
-dean

Just a suggestion but I would suggest a 35-80/2.8. It one of the best telephotos ever tested by Pop Photo and takes superb pictures. You will lust after it for years and when you finally take the plunge and get it, you will use it all the time. You will be faced with what to do with your unused lenses then.

For a light high quality kit add the 24/2.8 (excellent) which does not vignette severely like the 2.0. A 200/4(good) and 50 macro, either 3.5(excellent) or 2.0(superb) should take care of you.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California