Re: [OM] Re: 35-70/ 3.6

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 35-70/ 3.6
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:28:41 +0100
Hi Pawel,

> You mean the CF (1:28) BBAR MC Tamron 35-70 f/3.5 (filter ring 58mm)?

Yes, this is the one.

I have
> one, and I like it. Good image quality,

I've asked before, but has anyone some test results of this lens?

front ring does not rotate when
> zooming (like the Zuiko 3.6, but not 3.5-4.5), useful close focusing. One
> problem - it is big and heavy compared to Zuikos, and you need 58mm filters.

Well, that's the biggest problem with it. Another is, that whereas my Zuiko
3.5-4.5 fits into an everready case 1.4, this is just a little to fat.

> But there were numerous other Tamron zooms in this range, later models were
> lighter.

Yes, but it looks as if the main components, apart from the zoom and aperture
rings, are fully metal. It looks rather solid, like the Tamron CF BBAR MC 3.8-4
80-210 I have.

Best regards

Bernd