Re: [OM] E-20 first observations

Subject: Re: [OM] E-20 first observations
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:44:53 -0600
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:31:09AM -0800, M. Royer wrote:
> From what I've read most higher end digicams have this
> kinda drain. Either get the $500 rechergeable battery
> grip or be prepared to carry lotsa spares.

I don't know about "lots"...two sets of freshly charged NiMHs were easily
enough to take those 200 pictures I mentioned in a previous message, with
plenty left over - though I did switch sets about two-thirds of the way
through. I'm not sure the grip is needed unless you're going to do a *lot*
of shooting quickly, and it seems to me that it would make the camera
significantly less handy. Another alternative would be an external belt
pack, and if one doesn't exist yet, I'll be surprised if it doesn't appear
soon from a third party.