Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:54:55 -0500
Seems like that is the case in New York too. We used to brag? that our taxes in Maryland were second only to New York. Roads were bumpy and poorly maintained. Then we moved to North Carolina, with my wife taking a 500ay cut and I dropped about 2000 USD. Our net income (after taxes) was larger than before we moved.

For two years we lived in Tennessee which has no income tax and a 7.75% sales tax. They have some of the smoothest and best maintained roads in the US. Go figure.

I can only shake my head in wonderment at countries that tax so highly as do some where a few on the list live! I would need to live there a while to do a fair comparison though. IMO.

Gregg

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Garth Wood wrote:

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>
> Oh, *man*, that's a *good* one!  I gotta go tell my wife!
>
> "Hey hon! -- I'm *wealthy*!  Did you know that?  WEALTHY, I say!  I'm rich!
>  I'm rich!  I'm faaaaaaaaabulously wealthy!"

I think the joke is on us Garth.  We probably WOULD be wealthy if it wasn't
for all these bloody taxes we're stuck with.  It sure would be nice to be
able to keep at least 500f our income.  Perhaps some day.......
                                -mark