Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:11:50 -0700
On 6 Nov 2001, at 17:23, ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >Profs were never known to listen.  They usually had formed their
> >opinions early and set them in stone.
>
> ALL of us?

Well there ya go.  That's the trouble with making sweeping
generalizations, whether it's about supposed rich doctors and
businessmen being flooded with money, or about professors who don't
listen.  As soon as you generalize, someone's gonna prove you wrong
(and maybe get offended).

I do agree, though, with Les' comment that Larry's whining (my word,
not Les') about money has gotten old, and (at least for me) it got there
real fast.  I'm afraid, though, that no amount of arguing back will cause
Larry to change is tune for, after all, once the record is scratched it'll
always "skip" when the needle gets to that spot.

Guess I'll go look-up "perspicacity" and see if I wanna celebrate the fact
Larry has it.

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca