Re: [OM] E-10 vs. E-20

Subject: Re: [OM] E-10 vs. E-20
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:58:48 -0800
On 3 Nov 2001, at 16:44, Tom Scales wrote:

 I just want an E-?0.  Don't need it, just want it.

 Maybe I'll hold off.  February is awfully close.

One question, tho...  Does the camera industry act like the computer
industry?  'Nuther words, if it's announced at Photokina 2002 (in
February 2002, I presume?), does that mean it'll hit the market at
roughly the same time?  Or is it like the computer industry where if it's
announced at Comdex it won't hit the shelves until 18 months later (if
ever)???

Just curious...

Regards,

Chris

And it will be superceded by a new model announcement 6 months after the first one. It appears that the camera industry has found the cash cow it was looking for with APS. Cameras to be outmoded like computers. So if the average turnover of a PC is 3 years and a Mac is 5 years then your multi-thousand dollar digital wonderbrick will have about 4 years max before you can't stand it anymore? Phew! I wonder whether people will think about that when it is time to replace their technological marvel and buy a film camera instead. How old is your OM?

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California