[OM] OM4Ti-First Fright.

Subject: [OM] OM4Ti-First Fright.
From: sunil manga <ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 12:27:38 +0530
HiGRIES,
I had written to the LIST earlier on exactly the same
subject.
And with precautions and checks to make.

This phenomena can be described as 'TRAUMA'.
The frame holding the Focussing Screen drops down and
locks up the camera which shows up as truly dead.
The focussing screen remians fully seated in its
position and therefore shows full focus in the finder.
So Fault Analysis is tricky.

This has hapened to me twice. The 1st. time it was
exactly as you have described it.
The 2nd. time I was quite prepared for it and therefore
got the camera working within seconds.

Fault: this normally happens after a rough journey
withthe OM4Ti in the boot of a car where it gets bumped
up and down with high amplitude or frequency. The frame
deflects , the latch opens and it drops down. Therefore
making the OM4Ti DEAD ON ARRIVAL.
Corrolary: Always check the FRAME in the finder after a
long journey.
Or still better, once a wek check wether frame is held
in position. In low light even finding the frame down
is difficult even after removal of the Lens. In this
case use a MAGLITE or a torch.

Have fun. Sunil Manga, OM List, INDIA.