[OM] eBay bids

Subject: [OM] eBay bids
From: "Jeffrey R. Keller" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 21:42:10 -0800
This poor guy turned his $161 winning bid into a $229 winning bid.
I'm guessing he doesn't use proxy bidding and that either he didn't
get back a confirmation or somehow got out of synch and got back
'bid too low'. I've seen this happen a few times before but this is
probably the most extreme case.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1289665272

In this particular case I was watching it fairly closely and it seemed
like all of his bids came in at the same time. My internet connection
could have caused that though.

Is there ANY reason not to use proxy bidding? Does anyone know
how this happens?

Thanks,
-jeff