[OM] n*k*n Coolscan rant (OT)

Subject: [OM] n*k*n Coolscan rant (OT)
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:10:32 -0500
I spent a good deal of time on my day off today scanning airshow pictures.
I was having problems with Tri-X negatives so I decided to invest the time
to install the new version of Nikon Scan (3.1) to see if it helped.  After
several installation tries it still would not recognized the LS-30 scanner,
so I called Nikon.  Turns out that although he readme file clearly states
that v.3.1 supports the LS-30, there are no drivers for a Win2000 OS.  Great
support Nikon, and thanks for wasting my time.  Nikon's v.2.5 software that
came with the scanner was junk.

I'm upgrading VueScan to Ed's latest version (7.1.25) and I'll keep trying
with that.  Thanks, Ed.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://members.home.com/garyetx/