Re: [OM] 75mm - 150mm f/4

Subject: Re: [OM] 75mm - 150mm f/4
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- Gary Edwards <garyetx@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not the best optically, but a beautiful expression
> of Olympus compactness.
> All single-coated optics, but not an issue for many
> of us. A fine general
> lens and great for travel.  I made many fine people
> shots with mine and
> still carry it when I'm short on space or will to
> tote.
>
> Gary
> Greetings Gary, I'm about to commit hersey,
but...... a good lens to look for in this range is the
Tamron 70-150 f 3.5 (push-pull type w/49mm filter
size) It will focus to 1:3 @ 150 and is multicoated
and close to size/weight of the Zuiko. They come up
from time to time on E-Bay and can often be had for
less than the Zuiko. I think contrast and color is
better in my sample than the Zuiko I had. Sorry to to
chuck a stone in the pond but this Tamron is usually a
very good value.    john Robison