[OM] Color correcting filters was: Candles

Subject: [OM] Color correcting filters was: Candles
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:38:43 -0600
> That's why I said: "Try a *light* blue filter. The 80A/B give
> way too much correction.

 Is there any way to work out how much colour correction you need by eye, or
is it just a matter of experience? If I'm taking photos under artificial
light, and put a blue filter on the front, then my _eyes_ tell me
everything's blue even though I know it'll look right in the end, because my
vision has adjusted to the yellowness of the environment.

 With the amount of light, there's light meters that give an objective
reading, so I don't have to worry about my eyes adjusting to the gloom --
but is there any equivalent thing for colour?

 thanks,

 -- dan