Re: [OM] Color correcting filters was: Candles

Subject: Re: [OM] Color correcting filters was: Candles
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:31:40 -0600
At 10:38 AM 24/10/2001 -0600, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

[snip]

 With the amount of light, there's light meters that give an objective
reading, so I don't have to worry about my eyes adjusting to the gloom --
but is there any equivalent thing for colour?

Yep. Minolta, just as one example, makes a dandy one (the Color Meter IIIf) that my professional photographer buddy uses to adjust the colour temperature of his computer monitor (amongst other things).

Here's one link, to the Minolta USA site:

http://www.minoltausa.com/photographic/photometers/color_meter_3f/index.asp? productID=667&whichProductSection=1&whichSection=2

Since this link will most likely "wrap" in your e-mail client, you'll need to do some fancy cut-'n-pasting...

Garth