RE: [OM] Custom OM leathers (followup)

Subject: RE: [OM] Custom OM leathers (followup)
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:09:34 -0700
Mark,

I've done two now, myself. And have (had actually) three with Morgan's
leather on them.

The first one I had done during the course of a CLA. Natural Cobra on a
chrome OM-1N.

The second was a chrome OM-2 that I re-did myself in brown lizard to replace
the dead leatherette. A friend of mine liked it so well that she bought it
to take with her to med school in London.

The third is my current favorite body... a black OM-2N with gray lizard.

All are *easy* to do. As was mentioned earlier, just plan on using some
denatured alcohol or 90+ 0sopropanol to slowly and carefully remove any
residual adhesive from the original leatherette. Then, follow Morgan's
instructions carefully and just sort of lay the new leather in place. Once
it's in the right spot, apply some firm pressure to it with your fingertips
and you're good to go. It took me about 2-2.5 hours to do the first, and
right at, or maybe just under an hour to do the second. Way easier than
doing wallpaper (which I LOATHE doing, and refuse to EVER do again).

See here for pics:

http://petroglyph.crestline.ca.us/Olympus/OMLeathers.htm

---
Scott Gomez