Re: [OM] (OT) Of Wilderness, OMs and Leicas (kinda long)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Of Wilderness, OMs and Leicas (kinda long)
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:27:23 -0700 (PDT)
--- Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Just returned from a beautiful weeklong getaway to
> NE WA with family.
Good morning Rich, enjoyed very much your getaway
account. My wife thinks eastern washington is very
beautiful, especially in the spring. We don't get much
of a chance to get over the mountains, but about twice
a year we have been able to spend a week on a lovely
little island off the BC coast. It's jam-packed with
bald eagles, seals, herons & tame deer - they
practically stand around like cows waiting for their
next meal.  Every spring, the herring are thick - as
they are all along the BC coast - and there's a huge
feeding frenzy.  We're trying to plan our spring trip
around that event.  The journey there takes ten hours,
including three ferries and waiting in lines, but
worth every minute.  Only part we dread is coming back
across the US border, especially in view of recent
events.  Our next visit there will be in late November
- I'll see if I can post some pics.

John (in Olympia)