Re: [OM] OM-2S surprise & another Olympus theory

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S surprise & another Olympus theory
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 09:08:09 EDT
I always figured the hot shoes were a genetic defect and the cracks were the
way these imperfections were manifested as the system grew.  The fungus or
foam issue - I'm not sure they are connected as the cap has to be separated
from the body for the transformation to occur.  Although I know of no
credible research in the area, I suspect the cap is a self contained unit
existing in a state of homeostasis, which is somehow disrupted with the
removal from the body. As I said, I really don't know.  You must remember I'm
just an insurance guy with an interest in photography and the OM system.
There are others out there whom I'm sure could give a better explanation.
The truth is out there.  Bill Barber