Re: [OM] OM-2S surprise & another Olympus theory

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S surprise & another Olympus theory
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:10:51 EDT
This thread about the various theories on body to lens ratio leads me share
my theory on why there are so many 50 mm f 1.8 Zuikos.  Anyone who has been
around very long knows how scarce motor drive caps are for the OM 1.  My
theory, which I challenge any on the list to disprove, simple states that the
motor drive cap for the OM 1 is in fact the larval stage of a 50 mm f 1.8
lens.  While it remains on the body it is in a dormant state.  Once removed
the transformation process begins.  The process is irreversible and the 50 mm
f 1.8 is asexual (not very sexy either) and will not reproduce itself.  I
know inquiring minds have pondered the puzzle of why so many 50 mm f 1.8 and
why so few motor drive caps for the OM 1 for years.  So there you have it and
you are welcome.  Bill Barber