Re: [OM] Ob TOPE visitor now RELEASES

Subject: Re: [OM] Ob TOPE visitor now RELEASES
From: Chris Johns <lc-johns@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:09:57 -0500
Bill, I getting to the point where I need to do model releases, and I like your idea of an abbreviated card-size that is always handy.

Would you mind sharing what you include on your release?

I have learned so much from everyone on this list, and really appreciate the nature of our supportive dialogues.

thanks!

Chris

Bill Barber wrote:

"Photographing people has become more of a chore over the years as "model releases" have become mandatory if one wants to actually use their images. A supply of a simple version of a model release, printed on a 4 X 6 card is part of the "kit" I carry. They reside in the back zipper compartment of my Tamrac case. Getting one signed is like many other things in life. If you don't ask, you don't get. There have been times when I asked prior to taking the photograph, where the image was lost because of the intrusion and there have also bee! n ! many times when the image was made because the subject was thrilled to be included and had become part of the process. "