[OM] TOPE & TOPE Comments

Subject: [OM] TOPE & TOPE Comments
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:18:05 EDT
TOPE 7 is up and running. These events have certainly given me an opportunity
to think about how to work my photography to fit a certain theme.  Having
participated for the last couple of events, has if nothing else made me be
more aware.  It also has forced me to get in touch with my equipment and its
capabilities.  My praise goes to the great TOPE master. Thanks.

One of the nice things about the TOPE, in addition to the previously
mentioned ones, is that it gives you an opportunity to have others with
similar interests critique your work.  This sharing of opinion and advice can
lead to each of us looking at our work from a different perspective.  It can
also have the benefit of our trying a different approach and broadening our
abilities.  In most cases we are able to have an intellectual exchange of
ideas which mutually benefits the individuals and the group as a whole.  Some
use this open forum as a show case for the areas of their life which are
lacking.  Some do this very well!  It is unfortunate that those so challenged
sometimes feel an obligation to share their inadequacies, however that is the
price we pay to live in a free society.  I am embarrassed for Anonymous
Visitor and I'm quite sure that is something he/she does not share with me.
Darwin's theories were probably quite correct and there are those in our
society that are less evolved.  Just sign me, "Not Anonymous."  Bill Barber