Re: [OM] Re: Digital Photo Emailing

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Digital Photo Emailing
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:57:48 +0100
Send a slap in my direction if this is a stupid thing to say, but are
you converting the files to JPEG format?  It sounds like you might be
getting BMP or TIFF files from the camera.  JPEG compression will give
you files approximately one-tenth or less as large as the originals.
And you say the pictures won't fit on the screen - I don't know whether
the camera can read out smaller images but you can resample the image to
a smaller size in photoshop.  I don't use photoshop very often so I
can't remember offhand how to do it but no doubt someone else can.
Beyond that I can't think what might be giving you oversized files.

Roger