[OM] Re: Digital Photo Emailing

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Photo Emailing
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:04:55 EDT
Fellow Zuiks,

Well the C4040 finally arrived after the jam up over the Priority Mail
getting lost.  I haven't had a chance to do too much with it yet due to work
and because the camera is pretty complex; lots of buttons and menus to learn.

One of the objectives is to be able to email photos.  The thing takes
beautiful photos, but the files are huge.  Like 2.5Megs.  So, if one emails
such a photo it won't fit on the screen.  As a techno-dimbulb, I have no idea
how to deal with this.  I can scan a conventional photograph and control the
size by controlling the dpi.  Is there a way to reduce the file size with the
digital camera? (Of course there is, I am sure)  I have Photo Shop LE and
suspect the answer may be in that program.  The camera has three recording
modes and even on the lowest setting (I think HQ is the lowest setting) the
files are huge.

OM content - I still love the sound and feel of my OM-1 and shot some florals
with it yesterday.

Dave Dougherty