Re: [OM] Zuiko 1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 1.2
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:56:26 -0700 (PDT)
>From what I've see on E-bay the 55mm is cheaper and
was made in greater numbers. The 50mm is the newer
version obviously and is somewhat more desireable
since it is still available new and takes 49mm filters
like a lot of Zuikos. I haven't had the chance to
experience the 50mm but the 55mm is a fine performer
even wide open and I would get that one if it is in
better shape, just remember that it should be less
expensive than the 50mm in similar condition. Be
careful though about the oldest versions since they
can yellow with age. I got one of the oldest versions
for like $50 from my camera store in near mint
condtion with the only problem being that I could only
use it for B&W the elements were so yellow it was like
using an orange filter. Still took great shots though.

Mark Lloyd