Re: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 23:23:47 +0000
At 04:16 10/5/01, you wrote:
Beatie with grid for the Om-4t, 1-10 with the Om-1 & Om-2. I definatly
like the grid. I HATE microprisms. I do use a Beatie split screen
(w/grid) for sports and that sort of thing, but in general prefer a
clean screen.

Jim Couch

No wonder there are so many screen types :-)

I use a 1-13 in the OM-1n and OM-2S. The OM-4 has a 2-13 screen. Some day I might put a 2-13 in the OM-2S, but thus far the "1" series seems bright enough. Since getting the proper dioptric correction eyecups on the 1n and 2S, I've found myself using the microprism ring almost exclusively. Works except under very dim lighting conditions (the faster lenses ??) and have found it faster and more accurate than the split image. What might be useful is also including an idea of lens speeds used with the screens. I suspect those with faster lenses use the microprism and/or split more often.

-- John