[OM] no more carryons?

Subject: [OM] no more carryons?
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:32:32 -0400
It appears that President Bush is going to recommend the banning of all
carry-on items for US flights in his upcoming visit to Chicago.  I, for
one, am not thrilled about the possibility of having my camera equipment
travelling in the belly of the airplane, being manhandled by airport
luggage handlers, etc. - assuming once they left my sight that I'd ever see
my OM-4's again.  And, of course, what about film?  If you can't carry film
on the plane, you won't be able to take it with you at all (you certainly
don't want to put it in your checked luggage).

Although the airlines will probably support this measure, those of us with
cameras, laptop computers, etc. might have reason to be concerned.  If it
goes through, it would keep me from flying anwhere to take photos.

Any thoughts?