[OM] OT Maps True vs Mag North Was: newspaper photographers are smart, r

Subject: [OM] OT Maps True vs Mag North Was: newspaper photographers are smart, right?
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:04:00 -0700
Actually Chris, here in the states the term is magnetic declination, usually
shortened by most folks to declination. Magnetic declination actaully varies
quite
a bit here in the states 22-21 deg east in most of Washington state. In the
'midwest' (Ohio) declination is 0. In Maine declination is 20 deg WEST!
Declination is also used for grid difference, and refered to as Grid
Declination.

Jim Couch