[OM] [OT] Definitely Off Topic

Subject: [OM] [OT] Definitely Off Topic
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:45:05 -0500
Group,
The past few months on the list have been hard ones. When I come home I
expect a large volume of email from this List but I've been spending
more and more time using the 'd*lete' key and less and less time reading
with comprehension the posts that do matter to me. That is those I
haven't d*leted by mistake. I tell myself I'd be a whole lot better off
applying my tools and reading books to improve my skills. A couple of
days ago I made the decision to stop participating in the List and make
better use of my time.
I know I've spent most of my here time lurking and haven't had much to
contribute. Also, I'm no angel. I have sent posts without thinking
everything through twice, dragged out my soapbox a couple of times and
yes, responding to an OT post more than once. In spite of all that I
have learned an awful lot not just about Olympus and photography but
also about people and how their personalities and perspectives on life
is reflected in how they use a camera. And I thank you all for what
you've given me.

Before I go I do have a few opinions regarding past topics:
SUV's: I don't care what any of you say, Subaru Rules!
Politics: Until a person can fully understand their own country's
politics, they need to keep their mouth shut.
Sex: Until a person can fully understand the opposite sex, they need to
keep their mouth shut.
Religion: We are all on the same river just in different boats.
Guns/Weapons: With a camera a person can create. With a weapon a person
can only destroy.

And three last suggestions:
Take a couple of hours or days to really think through any response to a
post. The internet isn't going anywhere.
Remember digest subscribers don't have the luxury of a 'd*lete' key.
They get everything in one big file.
Take what's left of the month and get something good for TOPE 7. The
List will be here we you get back.

Charles "The Phantom" Packard