[OM] Alternatives to the Eveready Case?

Subject: [OM] Alternatives to the Eveready Case?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:41:28 EDT
O.K., inventing a new ON-topic thread here...

Has anyone found a reasonable substitute for the "Neveready" case?  I read
that some folks just take it off altogether when shooting, but I do a lot of
mountain driving, for example, where in summer, there is much dust.  I hate
to carry the camera naked in such circumstances.

Also, I often take the top off the case when shooting, but RARELY take the
bottom off, too.  I just don't go through my film that fast, and hiking,
etc., I want some protection in case I slip & fall.  I don't want ONE ding in
my OM bodies.

I want protection for the body/lens, but also the ability to get into
"action" quickly, as well as convenient film changes.  The "Neveready" case
is good for protection, kinda slow in getting into action, and a pain for
film changes.

Suggestions?

Rich