Re: [OM] One camera, one lens

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:05:51 +0200
 >Since this topic is still going and is at least on topic, I'll add my
 > >input.  I would choose the OM-4Ti and the 35/2.  I would really, really
 >miss the 100/2, but my experience is that you can more often than not get
 >closer, but it's sometimes impossible to get farther away.  And, oh, how I
 >would miss the macro capability of other lenses.

 > Disagree. It's far more often the case that you can't get close enough.

 Tris

Depends on how bold you are. Ever had your back to a wall and still couldn't include everything you wanted in the frame? Even if you can't get as close as you want, you can always crop and enlarge. And the 35/2 is one helluva great lens, one of the best of the Zuikos. Getting closer, unless physically impossible, is sometimes just a matter of cojones.

Walt Wayman

Yup, and when you get close the non tele lenses make very nice perspectives; like a closeup face in one half of the pic and a well bokeehd (?) street in the background. Nothing like a closeup with a 24mm IMveryHO.

Henrik Dahl