RE: [OM] Haves and Have-nots

Subject: RE: [OM] Haves and Have-nots
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:58:40 -0700

Give me a '64 Rambler station wagon, which coincidentally was called a
Cross-Country (ever wonder where Volvo got that original moniker?).  Ugly,
cheap, pretty bullet-proof, and the cops ignored them.

In 1958 my dad bought a light-green Cross-Country, packed the rest of us into it, and we all headed out west (from Wisconsin) for our first extended family excursion. My brother and I were small enough to sleep in the back so it was okay. Fairly good car. Nine years later we traded it in on my first jalopy out of high school--a Corvair Spider that wasn't good at all--began to leak oil immediately, then the engine blew up!

I've pined for a Land River ever since.

Tris