Re: [OM] Haves and Have-nots

Subject: Re: [OM] Haves and Have-nots
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:09:27 -0700

The other person brought his fancy new brag lenses with him: 90/2, 180/2.8, 35-80/2.8, etc., etc. I had to laugh when he packed the 90/2 and 180/2.8 and an OM-2S and it was heavier and larger than my entire kit.

So now we know . . . what? That you rub elbows with Big Daddy Warbucks? <g>

All Zuikos are good lenses (all that I've used over the years) and some of the least expensive Zuikos are world class in their own ways. It's still primarily about seeing your subject and then snapping the shutter at the right time--never heard of a 35-80 doing that for anyone.

By the way, I would take a high-mileage Jeep over any Volvo any day of the week. (Better still an old Land Rover, of course.)

Tris