Re: [OM] One camera, one lens

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:24:03 -0700
on 9/18/01 1:04 PM, gries at gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Yeah, all that I previously described was done before shifting.  I'll
> take a closer look at mine tonight.
>
> p.s.
>
> who was the member that bought the damaged 24 shift off evil-bay a few
> weeks ago?  How did it turn out?
>
> bobgries
>
> <snip>
>
> the thing with manual mode is that when you shift the
> lens the exposure meter appears to goes off even
> though you have the lens set correctly.

I bought that. Olympus Japan can repair it (replace the front element and
CLA) but I need to send it off. Cost will be ~$400 or so... considering I
got more than just this lens when I bought it I will get it done soon. The
lens damage results in a soft fuzzy spot at one part of the image circle,
probably about 2-3mm on the film, where the resolution and contrast are
diminished. Due to the location of the damage on the element, when the lens
is shifted fully right the fuzzy spot is mostly out of the frame. But it
will be fixed, because it would be a true shame not to.
--

Jim Brokaw