Re: [OM] Digital question; when does touch-up become cheating?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital question; when does touch-up become cheating?
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:05:50 -0400
on 9/18/01 7:50 PM, Daniel J. Mitchell at DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Just scanned in a bunch of photos from a biking trip, and I'm going over
> them doing a bit of touch-up before putting them up on a web page.
>
> Question: when is it 'cheating' to use image tools to make the image look
> nicer?

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=249834&size=lg

I took this one last term here at school.  After scanning the negative I
found a mic stand in the background that appeared to be protruding from the
trumpeters groin at a somewhat suggestive angle.  I had no problems cloning
it out...

Is that cheating?

Mike