Re: [OM] One camera, one lens

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:37:46 +0200
Hi,

> If, for some reason, you could
> only have one body and one lens in your kit, to be used for all your
> photographic needs, what would they be?

Producers of modern SLR systems make us want multi-program, motorized, AF
cameras with incorporated flash.

Market leading lens producers want to make us buy zooms in the range of
24-300mm (28-200mm).

OK, you can still make good photos with those modern cameras that take over
most of the intersting aspects of photography, but with these "super-zooms"
definitely won't let you make decent photos.

I have followed many postings on this topic on the German de.rec.fotografie,
and for the zooms they have started to call them Suppenzooms, which translates
into soup-zooms. I think they refer to the image quality here.

I do a lot of photography with my OM-2 and the 3.5-4.5/35-70. It's a
lightweight and classy combo. Or I take the 1.4/50 or the OM-4Ti if I want spot
metering for difficult light conditions. Most of the time I carry three or four
primes: a 24mm, a 50mm, a 85mm and a 135mm.

Best regards

Bernd Möller