Re: [OM] Zoooom

Subject: Re: [OM] Zoooom
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:50:22 -0700
===I would get the Zuiko and carry the 28. I have not been real inpressed
with
the 28mm end of most zooms I have tried. In general poor edge resolution and
an unnaceptable amunt of barrell distortion. Not sure if this is true of
that
particular lens, but in general that has been my observation.

Jim Couch===

Exellent observation.
I was leaning toward the Zuiko but thought a brand spanking new lens would
be nice.
Not enough reason to defect from Zuiko's though.

I checked Gary Reese's lens tests and it seems to be a pretty good
performer.
I will need to be able to enlarge Provia 100 and Reala 100 up to 11x14.

Now for close ups, What about putting a 25mm tube on the zoom?
I don't do much close up.  I do have the tubes and the 55mm filters
so it will save me some cash.

Charlie