Re: [OM] Film Speeds Err Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Speeds Err Us
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:04:53 +0100
Ken N wrote:

> You know, with our tendencies to screw up the film speeds, maybe
> we should enact a new rule that we can only shoot with one film
> speed--period!
>
> Let's see what our popular choices are:
>
> ISO 50: Velvia, Ilford Pan-F
> ISO 100: Provia, TMAX, Gold 100, Fuji 100, Ektachrome...
> ISO 200: Fuji 200, Gold 200
> ISO 400: TMAX, Gold 400, Fuji 400, professional print emulsions.
> ISO 800: Professional print emulsions.

I use Fuji Sensia II 100 almost exclusively - and this has been the root
of all my problems with film speed.  Soo easy to forget to change the
blasted dial.

In fact, I've still got two rolls of XP-2 400 that I took almost a year
ago, foolishly rated at 100 speed.  I've not got them developed yet -
can't seem to find anywhere that will actually pull-process them.  Would
anyone know if this film has enough latitude that I can just process
them as normal and get something out of it?

Roger