Re: [OM] Film Speeds Err Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Speeds Err Us
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:51:02 -0700
Your best all-around speed would probably be 400-something-or-other. But while we're at it, don't forget to include the venerable Tri-X. A classic in its own time, and still a workhorse after all these years.

Tris

You know, with our tendencies to screw up the film speeds, maybe
we should enact a new rule that we can only shoot with one film
speed--period!

Let's see what our popular choices are:

ISO 50: Velvia, Ilford Pan-F
ISO 100: Provia, TMAX, Gold 100, Fuji 100, Ektachrome...
ISO 200: Fuji 200, Gold 200
ISO 400: TMAX, Gold 400, Fuji 400, professional print emulsions.
ISO 800: Professional print emulsions.

Pick now and forevermore.  This it folks, you are now ISO restricted.