Re: [OM] Olympus Pen Half Frames

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Pen Half Frames
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:34:59 +0800
Sorry Scott,

I think my English or presentation is very poor (actually it is true, my
English is not good, I'm just force to use English in my daily work and now
communicate with the rest of the world to share our experience in using
Olympus camera and talking photos). All Pen are half frame, the name Pen
means something is as small as a pen and pen is something most people will
carry with him/her everyday.

In the old days it is very hard to make a really small camera with full
frame, at the mean time using half frame can reduce the lens size and hence
the cost of the camera. It is very important as camera was not a cheap
commodity that time, not everyone can afford one. That is the reason for
Olympus to develop the Pen half frame system.

C.H.Ling