[OM] Memorable camera shops (was Maybe not a Fang...)

Subject: [OM] Memorable camera shops (was Maybe not a Fang...)
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:55:08 -0400
Mark and Steve,

You reminded me of another upstate NY shop...Paul's Cameras on Niagara
Blvd. in Amherst, NY.  I spotted the store in a strip mall while
visiting Buffalo a couple of years ago.  I can't really describe the
place . . . . the premesis looked like an earthquake had just struck,
with the owner seated on a chair in the middle, as if waiting for
aftershocks.  But he was enjoying a plate of chicken wings (this was
Buffalo after all) so after regaining my composure I asked if he had any
OM stuff.  He produced a real nice black OM-1N and a few other goodies I
can't remember.  Every horizontal surface in the store was a perch for
some piece of photo-ephemera.  I had to be careful I didn't step on
anything leaving.  Was I dreaming, or has anyone else seen Paul's
Cameras?

The only other place I've seen that's come close is Photographic Systems
on Central Blvd. in Albuquerque.  (At least here you can walk around.)
He's only open a couple days a week.  It's impossible to browse here;
there's no order anything shown.  But somehow both these guys know where
everything is in their store.

It's too bad that there are fewer and fewer of these places.

Morgan Sparks