Re: [OM] An interesting invitation

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting invitation
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:28:59 -0700
on 9/11/01 6:27 PM, Tom Scales at tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just received an interesting invitation.  I'd posted on the filmscanners
> list that I rarely felt the need to use Digital ICE (a position I have since
> reversed).  I mentioned I lived in Austin (the home of Applied Science
> Fiction).
>
> I got a nice note Jack Phipps from ASF. He monitors and contributes to the
> list.  He invited me to come take a tour, an offer I fully intend to accept.
> Should be downright fascinating.
>
> Tom

See if they'll offer it for add-in for Vuescan software, or otherwise for
scanners... if technically possible. IIRC, it uses an infared scan to
generate the dust and scratch info, maybe that has to be built into the
hardware? I like the concept, but I decided to go for resolution (Polaroid
Sprintscan 4000) instead of Digital ICE (Acer Scanwit 2740S).
--

Jim Brokaw