Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Attacks on the U.S.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Attacks on the U.S.
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:37:57 -0700
on 9/11/01 9:58 AM, Walt Wayman at hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> After today's events, I will NEVER again complain and grumble about airport
> security, and I hope we nuke the hell out of Afganastan, where I'm sure this
> whole operation was concocted, and incinerate every last one of those
> towel-headed religious fanatics.
>
> A really pissed off Walt Wayman

Walt, I'm pissed off too, but there is no way to use a nuke against a ghost.
Terrorism is fought with surgical action... I think the US will revive the
policy of 'executive action' that was renounced by Nixon (or Reagan) years
ago. This won't be a James Bond type of action, but it will be a
well-supported small force of elite troops going in (perhaps with the
cooperation of the 'host' country, perhaps without...) and taking out the
terrorist operation completely. No apology, no warning, and no regrets.

My prayers are for all who suffer a loss in these tragedies, and God bless
their souls. Our whole world has changed forever and irreversibly in a few
moments.
--

Jim Brokaw