Re: [OM] OT - World Trade Centre insanity

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - World Trade Centre insanity
From: "Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:40:39 -0700
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:33:53 -0700, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Maybe someone can explain since the news I have seen did not.  They
> all say that two planes hit the WTC.

Right.

> But I watched repeated images
> of a plane crashing into an already damaged and burning tower.

No, that crashed into the tower behind the first one that was hit.  The news
crews were on-scene and filming the damaged tower when the second jumbo jet
flew into the second tower.  Since they have the second plane on tape, they
keep showing it over and over again.

The Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com has a webcam which is pointed
at the Pentagon, images updated once a minute or so -- their server has been
holding up better than those at the NY Times and CNN.  I got into the office
just after 7am [Pacific], right after one of the towers caved in [what's the
extent of the damage?] and the net was basically trashed at that point --
couldn't glean much info, much less video.

        andy in san jose