RE: [OM] Re: Attack on America

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Attack on America
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:44:34 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Tris Schuler . . .

 >>>         . . . while I realize these events have stressed us all, such
strident statements impress me at once as being extreme and unstudied Any
useful   response to these terrorist actions need be systemic in nature. We
fight against ideas, beliefs. Frankly, I wonder if our country's general
public and leadership is up to it--though we're finally gonna find out for
all to see this time unless I miss my bet.

Tris

I've often wondered this very thing (the subject of your final rhetorical
question).  We live in very unsettled and unsettling times.  As the father
of two sons (age 21 and 20), and as a Vietnam era vet myself, I have more
than a passing interest in what our response is and how it's executed.