Re: [OM] OM-2S Saved by winder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Saved by winder
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
"Rich" <Doggre@xxxxxxx> wrote:

frankrad4@xxxxxxxx writes:

> My OM2S is un jammed but I will not be able to change rolls without a
>  winder handy. When the rewind button is in the pressed in position
the
>  film advance lever will not move and release it like it normally
would.
>  Maybe it is just gummed up and needs a cleaning. Now I have to
figure out
>  how to open the camera up .................. or maybe I shouldn't do
>  that! :-0

Sounds like CLA time, Frank.  Seems I recall reading that the OM-2S is
prone to film advance problems (is this really true, or just another
over-hyped "problem" the OM-2S is unfairly saddled with?).

The one I picked up on *Bay for bro-in-law had a broken film advance.
John H. fixed it (only $12 for parts!) along with a CLA and flash ready

light conversion.  I LOVE rescuing fixable stuff.

I wouldn't mess with it were it mine.  Why risk breaking something?  It

stuck on you once.  It will happen again sooner or later until and
unless you get the problem attended to.

Meantime, you can shop for a backup! :-)

Frank,

I agree with Rich 1000n this. Even though you may be able to clear
the problem with your winder for now, I would see it as a warning. I
think the OM-2S is rather prone to problems with the film advance,
based on my experience and comments from others. A CLA is the wise
route to take - do it now, before you run into worse problems!

Regards,

=====
Ray