Re: More digital musings - was Re: [OM] Help wanted

Subject: Re: More digital musings - was Re: [OM] Help wanted
From: "Christopher L. Tabby" <tabbycl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:39:35 -0400

--
Ken N wrote:

 Go Tri-X and "roll your own."  Tremendous cost savings and there
 is just something about shooting in B&W.

All that Ag in there, eh, Schnozz?

But if you have a scanner, is there any point shooting b&w these days?
Shooting colour gives you the choice of making monochrome images if that
works better, and by splitting the channels you've effectively got
images in three filters from one image.  This might go against the
digital ethics of some, but every time I've been confronted with a
stunningly colourful scene with b&w in the camera I've cursed myself.

No doubt most of us here prefer the alternative solution of an extra
body!

Roger

If you process your own B&W but not colour it makes a difference.

Chris T.