Re: [OM] Help wanted

Subject: Re: [OM] Help wanted
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:07:49 -0500
Smitty,

Unfortunately, you have a big challenge.  Some of my daughters soccer games
are in the evening as it is getting darker and even sometimes under the
lights.  I give up on even trying to shoot them, even with my faster lenses.
f/8 would be a long-shot. If you're going to do it, I think you'd have to go
with something like 1600 speed film and live with the grain.

Best to just try it!

Tom

   Hello all,
  I want to shoot my son playing sports, American football and baseball.
Both are in the evenings where lighting will not be my friend. I will
probably not be able to get down at field level so I will be shooting at
some distance from the stands. What lenses should I look for that would not
break a bank? I have a 200 f4 coming soon, would I be able to slip in my 2x
converter to get 400 f8? What would I be looking at for one of the big boys,
and which one would be the best bet? I hope to be able to get some good
shots, any advice will be appreciated.

                                                                  Thanks,