RE: [OM] Maybe Trip to Costa Rica

Subject: RE: [OM] Maybe Trip to Costa Rica
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:53:10 -0700
HI Winsor,

My 500/8 is still pretty new to me, and I haven't had nearly enough shooting
time with it, but so far I like it. Mickey's right about being able to see
the donuts, and the dim viewfinder, and using fast film. However, I DO like
the few test shots I have so far taken with it.

I recently got a 2-4 screen with etched lines from John Hermanson just to be
able to "make a day" of using the 500 with the 4T (as well as with other
long glass), so I'm hoping to have some good shots to show soon.

I can say that I didn't think hand-holding it was a problem at all with 400
film and good sun. It's amazingly light and doesn't throw the balance of the
camera off, IMHO. Depth of field is shallow, though, so focusing (always a
bit difficult for me) is a bit of a challenge.

Now if I can only get a free day...

---
Scott Gomez