Re: [OM] Maybe Trip to Costa Rica

Subject: Re: [OM] Maybe Trip to Costa Rica
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:24:27 +0200

Just a thought...you could try the Tamron 350/5.6 mirror if you can find one;
lighter in both weight and viewfinder! I paid less than 50USD for mine, but they
usually cost more. Very easy to hold but also includes a built-in tripod/monopod
mount that rotates 90 degrees with a click.

Roger Key, Copenhagen

I may be going on a trip to Costa Rica in the spring and will
hopefully see some wild life.  It seemed to me that the Zuiko 500mm
mirror lens might be a way to capture some of the wildlife and still
be easily portable.

Have people on the list used this lens?  Is it useful?  It seemed to
me that the F8 aperture might be a problem.  Have people had success
hand holding it?  Probably would need fast film, huh?  How easy is it
to keep the little doughnuts out of the picture?

Winsor